Monday, September 22, 2008

I feel a grenade-sized lump in my throat as my room-mate Rahul puzzles himself even more in those self-complicated Questions from sheets provided by PT Education for his CAT prep. The very thought of sitting in the Competitive exams with the kind of preparation I have right now scares the shit out of me. I hardly have 2-3 months anyways.
"This is damn tough job, buddy... and aise nahi chalega" - the very-current thought in my mind as I type this.

All day long, I just struggled with those looooong mind-numbing RC passages, trying hard to find any sense in them. By the end of it, I seemed to have lost whatever sense of reasoning I ever had.

Here's an excerpt from the thrashing I got a while ago from - MYSELF!

"This all can't be that tough, can it ? Come on yaar! When thousands of other worthless jerks can do it, Why can't you ??
Whats wrong with you anyways ? You were never such a dumb asshole either! Come on yaar, Whatever happened to all those claims for being capable of doing all this.... JUST LIKE THAT. I know You are not this bad, as Your performance till now make you out to be... But Dont expect to carry it off with Farhan Akhtar crooning loud in your ears at the top of his voice. You gotta put in some serious efforts, maan!
Can't you just leave all these so-called worldly pleasures aside for the already-limited time span you dig yourself into those sheets ?? Your life sorta depends on it, damn it! Why don't u get this bloody fact into your brain ??"

Ya right! Why don't I get this ?? What ever could be wrong with me ?? I while my days away, half studying and half-singing along with my I-pod. And before I can realise, its dinner time! Even after my 2nd meal of the day, I choose to come online and waste my time some more.

Okay, I know, One gotta spare time for friends too. After all, You too need them, much more than probably they need you. But for that, You HAVE TO spend the rest of the day with those goddammit boring Questions to deserve to have some fun at the end of the day.
Days pass like a comet, and I just brood about the scary repercussions all this laziness and such a scarily irresponsible stand can have in the coming days (that may just not as well have an end to them)

Whats so impossible about "GIVING YOUR BEST", that I am just not able to do that ?? What does that mean at first place ?? Lemme give a shot....
Ummm.... Doing as much as You can ? To the best of your ability ??
Ya I guess thats what it means.

What is it with GIVING YOUR BEST, that I am just not able to come to it ?? Why do i distract myself on my own, and then regret it later ??

Throughout my life, I did what I wanted to.
The times havent changed now either, but I aint even doing what I should do, that will help me do What i eventually want to.

Okay, I know, and I re-realised just now, that this is going nowhere and I am resorting to write all crap yet again. So I shall sign out now, hoping for the nth occasion that I soon realise how crucial this studies part in this otherwise 'I-can-be-beautiful-too' life REALLY is.

Amen.

8 comments:

Kiran said...

The very fact that u've been thinking so much about all this, and also that it disturbed u as much to blog about it states that u'r well on the path of getting serious towards it.

At least u'r trying to, and thats what matters the most. The fight within you, may push you to do better.

It's better late than never :)

Keep trying ;)

.................. said...

hehe...room mate itna padhaaku kya :D ...stay away while studying unless kuch doubts poochne ho ..shayad it might help to concentrate on urself more then watching him solve tough ques ;) .... and ya its very tough job,tough for hardworking ppl too ;) ..but truth is everything is achievable if luck is with eu ;) ... RC passages..uff me gonna do that from oct...i know bahut tough hote woh specially for me who is bad at understanding high figh words :O :D ... worthless jerks :o :O ...woh kaun :D .. koi bhi aira gaira nahi kar sakta i think...unless uski pahunch ho door tak ki :D ... hehe songs toh off hi rakho while studying,its not school or colz studies that songs ke saath saath kaam chalega..concentration chahiye jo nahi banti with songs..though meri ban jaati thi in school papers or colz papers..but here its very high level,need to be focussed totally on it only at tht time,so no songs no farhan ;) ... haan passion of farhan is better option ;) ... and i guess u should analyse how much time to give :o...seems u doing it casually..like i have nothing else no colz priority...so i have made 4 hrs compulsory for study...you decide on basis of ur priorities and give minimum time possible to studies,aim for less and slowly increase ;) ... and also at the end of it its just that we have to try,we arent hardworking studious types,so have to just try to study utna jitna we can afford,managing studies with online n friends priorties equally ;)... and sucess or failure is not in our hands,even hardworking ppl do fail,just try and hope it works..dont think too much that you are way behind than others,just study n try at ur level best and then say to urself,i am trying thats more than enough...rest is destiny ;)

uff jyada long post ho gayi :O :P :D

.................. said...

and ya forgot to add one thing...one should study only when he is in mood to..you cant fix that this is the time i will study and this is the time i will spend online or with friends...as its ur mood at that time which decides it all..so thinking that u will study and then later spend time with friends isnt right...instead u can spend time first with friends and then study...all depending on ur state of mind at that current position ;) ...

just my way of thinking :P ...else dp dp :D

Prachi said...

i think i shd better race onto comment here. warna punnu sab keh hi deta hai :(

u knw dear, i noticed one thing while i was reading it, ur expression has improved a lot since u started blogging, in terms of EVERYTHING... grammar, phasing, metaphor usages, and most importantly VOCAB. tht shd be a reason to rejoice. (really wondering wat has happened to mine :()

now see i read ur post and analysed it trying to dig out +ves frm it. isnt RC the same? dont do the monotonous long passages all day all night long. instead whatever u read, (be it any goddamn thing) and try to make out things other than those which r apparent on the surface. belive me it will work. and its damn interesting too!!! wat say dude?? ;)

Harsh said...

@Kiran

Yeah kiran exactly... better late than never...
But even that late stage doesnt seem to come... :O


@Prachi

Hmmm... ya i agree with ur funda... but in exams, i will again have to face those boring ones only na... :(

And ya, thanks for letting me know about my improved expression... :)

Honestly though, i feel i write a bit over-confidently at times.... :D

Harsh said...

@Punnu

Arre nahi yaar.. ask me.. I have seen some people practise karke hi achieve kar lete woh level... even if they arent as intelligent... :O :P

And ya, i agree it should depend on mood...
But then honestly, mood to kabhi karta hi nahi padhne ko... :D ;))

.................. said...

arre mood karega :p ..jo subject tumhara fav hai and u like studying it ..usko dimaag mein leke padhai start kiya karo...like i love maths n logical reasoning so it makes my mood to study...and unko study karne ke baad i easily shift to english n di n gk etc.. i guess ur fav is eng :p though not long passages :d

Sajal Ehsaas said...

hey buddy...appearing this time...best of luck from my side...and a 99 percentile is not the end of the world...itna pressure mat create karo khud pe..
really ur best will be better than u expect...be focussed...Robin sharma padh lo :)