Monday, October 6, 2008

Bas itna sa Khwab Hai...



Just a quick update on A thought that struck me a while ago when I was having my dinner with my room-mates.


Offlate, I have acquired this habit of putting the music on while having my meals, esp. in the night. This night too, I was quietly having my dinner as Tarun, the more restless and bragging of my two room-mates began talking about another of his endless future Business schemes. This time, it was about the launch of a brand in the market of Laundry chain, or if possible a chain of service for house-keeping and stuff. God knows where does he get such ideas from. And although I was nodding in accord, I was more interesting in my Paranthas.


Just then came to my relief an evergreen song. It was "Mere angne mein" from Laawaris (I hope it doesnt need an introduction. Does it ?? :O)


Now there's something about this song that I just can't resist. Either Its the charismatic aura with which Amitabh actually performed, or just the entire fun He seemed to be having while singing it, I always get carried away and find myself imitating BIG B's baritone.


As my dear roomie Tarun was going on and on about How He would like to be known as a Brand and gain unprecedented goodwill all over the country, I was relishing my recollection of the Video of the song, where BIG B entertains his guests to the hilt.


A very disturbing yet intriguing thought hit me. I was so self-indulged in my own world, that I hardly paid heed to what Tarun was blabbering. Give me a thought about My fav. Movies, and a damn to the rest of the world then. I would like to have my peace of mind by watching BIG B doing a drag, rather than planning out financial reports for some machievellan organisations.


Sometimes i wonder If I am exaggerating about my passion for Movies. There must be millions of them like me, I tend to think time & again. And I know that can also be interpreted as sheer laziness to do better but more pain-staking things in life. But whatever it is, I wil anyday (only god knows if bravely or foolishly) choose to be with Movies rather than Masterminds. Thats all i need. Hope I get a chance to do so, without making my close ones conclude that I am just Good-for-nothing. :)


Amen!

10 comments:

Prachi said...

hmmm

bt be a gud listener.... its gud to be so much involved in urself... ;)

if u thr.... then give ur full attention oderwise just excuse urself...

Kiran said...

This post doesnt say anything that I dont know about Harsh :P

This is the Harsh that I've always known :D

Hope u realise all your dreams and soon enuff and make everyone around you proud of u

All the best & take care :)

.................. said...

hehe nice..

Starkiss said...

lols..agree with kiran..

harsh and movies :D !!

thts the only conversation that we can go on and on..
he always has ques about anythg i can mention abt a certain movie, actor,singer..anythg related to cinema :D !!

and yea..who said those related to movies are not masterminds ;)

Unknown said...

why isnt it showing my comments:(:(

Harsh said...

@Prachi

Arre wohi toh, prachi.. i aint that bad a listener... :(
But pehle se woh bore karing.. and then woh song... :D

Kya kare.. control nahi hota... :D


@Kiran

Ya ya... Same ole' harsh... :P

@Punnu

;)

@Suhaila

Yeah i know movie masterminds bhi hote honge... :)

But i didnt bore i pester u regarding movies so much... :O :((

@Neha

Oye tussi pehle comment to karo... ;)) :P

Unknown said...

i did.....but i guess overdose ho gaya tha suggestions ka....so the comment refused to stay 4 long:D

by the way...that 'mere angne mein' song is actually one of the most endearing song....u jst cant stop njoyn it:)

Harsh said...

@Neha

Ya.. rly endearing... :D

and ya, u better type all those suggestions once again... :-w

Please... :(( :P

sajal said...

visiting your blog for the first time :)

would come as a surprise to you :P

:D :D

ok ab kaam ki baat...u said u wud rather be with movies than being with masterminds....my dear who said there is lack of masterminds when one is around movies...I could relate to some of ur feelings...and I mean it...really relate to it...ur passion will never make u worse...wil never make u lazy...and then not even the biggest of masterminds will say "mere angne mein tumhara kya kaam hai?"

Harsh said...

Hey sajal.. so good to see u here...
thats rly a surprise... a plesant one... :)

as i said Sajal, I just hope my madness doesnt make me worse or lazy..... :)

and i rly loved ur last line... :D