Thursday, July 17, 2008

2 years of a New beginning...

This Monday, Just as I came back to my room after a hard day writing those bloosy lengthy answers of my 4rth sem exams, Something clicked in my Mind. July 15.
Yes! Something crucial. A landmark of sorts, when it comes to dates. “Today, I complete 2 years of a new beginning”, I cheered to myself as I unlaced my shoes.

2 years time is not a very long period. It may even mean nothing to someone. But for me, It certainly has been one helluva fascinating experience. A major turning point, from where I literally was to explore new arena, meet new people, Lead a different life altogether.

Being the only child of my Mother, I was always a spoilt brat. I have always enjoyed my life in my own way. Till 8th std, Cricket, Songs, TV, Magazines - That’s all I needed to have a good day. I had no inkling of the responsibilities on my shoulders et al.

It was only after 10th that I began spending more time with living beings, and lesser with TV and Magazines. And by the time I finished my schooling, I was quite habituated to spending time with friends. Infact, I was too addicted to school life, tuitions and its fun, fooling around on half empty streets of my home-town to even think of a new life, a new routine, a new way of living.

And then, I was supposed to live 3 years away from home. These 2 years being from away from home and everyone who counted, have taught me a lot.
Now Here’s a brief account of what I think constitute last two years for me…


What I learnt ??

1. A new meaning of the term ‘Loneliness’. Its not when You are all alone, shedding tears on your pillow remembering your Your class-room memories. Its when You are standing in crowd, but still feel secluded and cant even cry.
2. What caring actually means. Till school, It was more about Company and sharing. But now, I also got serious care from everyone around me, which made me wonder in return whether I really cared for anyone ever in my life.
3. As they called it in Lage raho Munna Bhai, Net Practise! :l
4. What Films are actually about. Finally came out of my myth that I knew it all. :P
5. Not learned, but just reassured that Life is about Moving on, come what may.
6. College life is boring, but only as long as You decidedly are.
7. That Exams at my college are not meant to be taken seriously!
8. Enthusiasm and Zeal has nothing to do with age and experience. Thanks, Sir. :-)
9. Fights are not permanent. Only Relations are.


What I gained ??

1. Friends, And that too from the most unexpected place. And They mean a Lot. I know they are for a life-time, because they always made sure I was never alone, even when I adamantly wanted to be. Thank you, guys. :-)
2. Confidence to talk to girls without any restrain. Trust me guys, It means to me more than Topping my university. ;-)
3. Love. In its most contructive and destructive forms. ;-)
4. A sense of humour. Finally!
5. A passion for Films, That is least likely to burn out ever.
6. A Heart-break. The most disappointing and yet the most encouraging of them all.


What I lost ??

1. Innocence. And I do regret that somewhat. :-(
2. Touch with a few of those who were the most integral part of my life at some point of time.
3. The value of everything that I got used to, no matter how ever precious They were.
4. My Ego. May it Rest in Peace. :-)
5. That simple joy of living in a small town and sleeping peacefully at Home.



These Two Years have taught me a new approach towards life. And As I See it now, Life is like the accelerator of a motorbike, which if taken too easily may make you fall badly or if dealt too hardly will make you collide someway or the other.

May I soon learn the tricks to ride my Bike properly. Both literally, and Metaphorically. ;-)

7 comments:

.................. said...

hehe nice...quite similar to me...details mein wont write as tht night sab baatein ki thi :d....lekin confidence to talk with girls that is still missing in me ;)

Prachi said...

@punnu
jo us nite baatein ki./....lol :d
nice post....

eagerly awaiting for more frm ur memory lane....

cheers

.................. said...

hehe...not sat night of mumbai.. :d .. yahoo pe once did..usko refer kiya .. :p

Starkiss said...

Nice post ..

i wished i knew the old harsh as well :D.. i mean till 8th standard one :D

but haan even with what eu lost and gained...its nice to be ur frnd :)



punnu..which night :O >:P

Unknown said...

Hmm.. In life, u win some...u loose some... thats what it's all about.... ;)

But to see the brighter side, u gained more than u lost...Life's always a roller coaster for everyone... good to know u enjoying the ride.

Take care and keep posting :)

Harsh said...

@Punnu

Jhooth mat bol... Tujhe kya confidence chahiye... :P


@ Prachi

Will surely deliver the goods b-)


@Suhaila

As i said earlier, I bet u'd run away from that Harsh... :P


@Kiran

Yeah... I certainly am enjoying the ride... no matter how many speedbreakers I face at times.... ;)

.................. said...

arre sach mein..not jhooth..eg is ambi..with whom i didnt talk almost during mumbai meet..even with divya very less..tashu is different case.. else i find it tough to handle talking with girls in real..online toh its easy :p